Wednesday, February 11, 2015

In Need of Classy Language or Simple Tone?


First, I didn't knew where to put these thoughts. In my other general blog or here, in my travel blog? But then common sense prevailed and I put it here since it has something about travel. 

No, I am not going to describe you another of my travel experience or some travel pictures. Pictures are for near future... Today, I am going to just put forward what I have been seeing..oops reading online about travel blogs these days.. 

Don't know, whether you people have noticed it or  not.. but I have been noticing that nowadays, some of the travel blogs or websites have been using highly classic language in their writings. A kind of Shakespearean tone as if they have just graduated from the Oxford or Cambridge Literature class.

Agreed that everybody wants to be ahead in the SEO race of search engines.. but at the same time, they should also bear in mind that the readers are going to be general public and not necessarily every elite club person or someone who has done a course in journalism. 

What's with such Hi-Fi words/nouns/adverbs/adjectives/.... use? If you can't keep the general reader engaged or make the blog easy for him to read... then its a waste of time for sure. 

I will not dare or attempt to name any one of these blogs.. as they may have their own reasons and their own wish. It is a choice to do so. But I can definitely give some words below.  They are:

conical roof, cenotaphs, avant-Garde, Puritans.. etc.. 

The best ones if you see connect to the readers and also use simple language. They are also SEO friendly blogs on top ranks as well. 

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment