Sunday, May 4, 2014

Meeting a Fortunate Man

Some days back, I was late to catch my bus back to home from the office. I was cursing the autowallah and waiting for my next possible ride in a bus or a private car.. all the while angry and sulking. Then I noticed my infrequent fellow traveller who had lost 2 of his legs waiting for a ride without clutches. He was as smiling as ever, talking on his cellphone. A private car came and I sat back inside.


The driver asked me to call the main hero of the story inside. As I called him I noticed that he came inside the car in a matter of only 5 seconds by using his hands as his feet. I was shocked to see this.He not only sat beside me like a normal guy, he even started talking with me...

I learned that he was earning about 14k p.m and was quite happy with his life and did not indulge in any self pity.As is my nature, I did not ask any personal questions to him nor asked him how did he lose his legs, but just kept on listening to him. He got off at the same place with me and gave the fare to the driver despite being not to.

I got to learn one lesson.. never curse yourself and your circumstances.. if you have your full limbs you can do wonders... if not.... you can do more wonders.

Kuldip

No comments:

Post a Comment